Week 7: Post-Digital Print
Digital publishing, also known as electronic publishing or e-publishing, is any type of publishing that involves disseminating information or entertainment by digital means. It includes e-books, digital magazine, mobile apps and variations of these media, plus new and emerging media yet to be realized. 
In this week, I watched one video about Digital publishing called Transforming the Magazine Experience with WIRED. Adobe and WIRED magazine introduce a new digital magazine concept that provides an immersive, interactive content experience for readers and innovative possibilities for advertisers. View this video at: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/xd-inspire/transforming-the-magazine-experience-with-wired/ 
How magazine changed from print to digital publishing?
According to this video, Adobe Experience Design Jeremy Clark said, what we’re doing with WIRED magazine is just changed the static notion of ink one a piece of paper to digital version. Collaborating on a digital version of their magazine with the same designers and creative people that published the print version. Newer technologies, like Adobe AIR are now powering a new wave of interactive capability to display, rich text, imagery, animation, interactivity all within a single platform that can reach a variety of devices.
Which features talked about in 2010 are now popular in digital publishing?
Built on Adobe AIR and developed with Condé Nast, the tablet prototype they showed during the TED “Play” session illustrates the possibilities for magazine publishers to reach readers in new ways. The concept enables — in digital form — the immersive content experience magazines are known for, and allows new interactive features to stimulate reader engagement, including:
- content designed specifically for the touch screen experience
- easy navigation methods, including an innovative zoomed-out “Browse Mode”
- the ability to browse image slideshows
- embedded 360 degree object viewers
- support for video and audio content
- the ability to rotate content using device accelerometer functionality
With rich media features like video, audio, hyperlinks, hotspots, etc., digital publications transform your printed magazine into an interactive, multimedia platform, engaging and connecting your readers at a deeper level than ever before. I am going to show FOUR examples of any features of contemporary digital magazines not mentioned in this video. 
- Search returns results across all sections, highlighting any embedded text
- The share feature allows users to share your pages across the most popular social media network and through email
- The print feature allows users to print a single page or range of pages based on their needs
- Social Media Feeds view your social media directly within the digital publication through live , interactive feeds
Digital magazines provide a unique experience in an age where information flows quickly and readers jump around between content. They have the opportunity to captivate audiences in ways that many of their counterparts cannot. Creativity, therefore, will reward digital magazine publishers well.
 Dirxion. (2014). Magazines. Retrieved November 09, 2014 from http://www.dirxion.com/magazines/
 😄 Inspire. (2010). Transforming the Magazine Experience with WIRED. Retrieved November 09, 2014 from http://tv.adobe.com/watch/xd-inspire/transforming-the-magazine-experience-with-wired/
 Taylor, A. (2013). What Is Digital Publishing, And Is It Necessary?. Retrieved November 09, 2014 from http://authormingle.com/ebooks/what-is-digital-publishing-and-is-it-necessary/